Wednesday, October 20, 2010

come unto Christ

how do we come unto Christ? this is something i have really been searching out lately. there are always the  answers of going to church, praying, doing service, loving one another and reading the scriptures. i have been trying my best to do all of these things, especially reading my scriptures more often. it is great to because as i was reading my scriptures i came across some verses that explain how we can come unto Christ as he has invited us to do so in 3 Nephi 9:14 which reads, " Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I recieve; and blessed are those who come utno me."
   now how is that we come? in Mosiah 3:19 it reads, "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, foreve and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to sumbit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." by putting of the natural man we can come closer to Christ and follow him with a  full heart and purpose. we are able to feel the Holy Spirit stonger and we can be guided by him and feel of his love.
   there are promised blessings that come to us as we come unto Christ. one of these promised blessing we can read about in 3 Nephi 9:22 which reads, "Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will i recieve, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again: therefore repent and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved."
     i love the hymn Come unto Jesus because it puts it so simply the things that Christ will do for us and how we can truly come unto him.
                     Come unto Jesus, ye heavy laden, care worn and
fainting by sin oppressed. He'll safely guide you
unto that haven where all who trust him may rest, may rest

Come unto Jesus; He'll ever heed you, though in the
darkness you've gone astray. His love will find you
and gently lead you from darkest night into to day, to day

Come unto Jesus; He'll surely hear you, if you in
meekness plead for his love. Oh, know you not that
angels are near you from brighetest mansions above, above

Come unto Jesus from every nation, from every
land and isle of the sea. Unto the high and
lowly in station, ever he calls, "come to me, to me."

 Christ has invited all to come unto him and to follow him. there are many blessings that await us as we do. it makes me think of my best friend who once told me "they both know you but only loves you, so who will you follow?" what a great question. i know that Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ do love us and they want what is best for all of us. they truly will guide us and lead is safely home as we choose to follow after them. come unto Jesus and he will guide you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment