Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Choose This Day


this is something that i have thought about lately. it is something that i cannot stop thinking about actually.
   i was reading in 3 Nephi 13:24 that reads, "No man can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." these kind of scriptures always bring me back to a wonderful quote that my dear friend came up with "they both know you but only one loves you, so who will choose?" which draws me to the scripture found in Joshua 24:15 that reads, "...choose you this day whom ye will serve;..."
   as president Eyring spoke in his message that it is so important for us to choose this day. he also metioned this,
     "As the risen Savior, He is this day and forever the Light of the World. It is He who invites us to come unto Him and serve Him, without delay. His encouragement to you and to me is this: “I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."
      That is as true of a day as it is of a life. A morning prayer and an early search in the scriptures to know what we should do for the Lord can set the course of a day. We can know which task, of all those we might choose, matters most to God and therefore to us. I have learned such a prayer is always answered if we ask and ponder with childlike submission, ready to act without delay to perform even the most humble service."
  as we serve the lord and as we choose to follow after Him we will be eternally blessed. what a great choice we can all make.
   as we all have a choice to make, i ask you to think about who truly loves you and wants you to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment