Tuesday, September 28, 2010

" ...I cannot say the smallest part of what i feel"

this morning in my studies i read Alma 26 when Ammon is speaking to his brothers and boasting of God and all of his power. it really is such a great chapter to read. it helped me to recognize how much Heavenly Father's hand really is in my life. He has blessed me so much and anything and everything i have is become of Him.
   in verse 16 it reads, " Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, i say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."
   this verse really does say it all. who could ever say too much of the Lord? who could ever glory too much in the Lord? i think that we all need to say more and do more for the Lord. He has done so much for us. Heavenly Father gave us an opportunity to come down to earth, to gain physical bodies and to go through what we are so that we can be with Him again. He sent His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us. Christ gave of his life for us. he was beaten, spit upon and hung all for us. he did it so that we can be with our Father in heaven again. he did it because he loves us. what an amazing blessing. do we not owe them respect and our love and our glory? WE DO! we owe them all we have. it is because of our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ that we have what have and are able to do what we do.
   i know that there is still so much to learn and to do here on this earth. i thank my Heavenly Father everyday for all that He has given me. I know that i would not be here today if it was not for Him and His love. how grateful i am for such a wonderful and loving Heavenly Father who has blessed me in so many ways. i know that he loves every single one of His children and He wants them to return to Him.
   Alma 26 is such a great chapter. it really did help remind me of the love that our Heavenly Father has for all of His children. i encourage all to read it and ponder it. it definitely is one that will awaken your remembrance of why we are here and the importance of our duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment